Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Making of the Manufactured Candidate


I just finished watching the premiere of “Recount,” HBO’s depiction of the State of Florida’s highly contested 2000 presidential general election.

You, perhaps like me, did not have the privy of being on the inside to witness what actually happened in Florida. But, I feel HBO’s attempt of an actual portrayal, from all accounts, appeared to be on target.

I know hindsight is always 20/20, but I couldn’t help but wonder how James Baker’s GOP Florida recount defense team feels right about, now? After all that they had gone through to insure the seating of that asshole as the 43rd president of these disunited states, are they pleased with themselves?

That whole experience raised questions about the electoral process that we had hoped would have been resolved by now. And, yet, we may still face the same issues in the same state, again! Thank God, that dingbat Katherine Harris isn’t around any longer.


Folks, I ask, are you any better today, than say, eight years ago?

No comments: