Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Bush/Obama meeting

Revelations:


Mr. President, thank you for your gracious hospitality.

Ah, hell....back home, I would've broke out the grill and barbequed-up a steer for ya! Look, Barack…you're goin' to be in this exclusive club real soon. How about we dispense with the formalities...... (chuckle) call me George or you can just call me plain old "W" !

Okay, George?

I'm glad we're havin' this sit-down 'cause I'm pleased-as-punch that America has risen to the point where we could put aside all that foolishness from the past and elect a Negro. I take great pride of all I've done for your people, with Colin and Condi high up in my cabinet. Did you know I've done more for Africa than previous presidents? Yes, sir! And I'm goin' to do even more than Bill Clinton when I leave office. You see, what bugs me, Barack, is that the American people don't really understand me. Oh, I know I don't speak all flowery like you and I made a few mistakes (as you will, too) but I love this country very much and all I wanted was the best for it. Just maybe, my best wasn't good enough. I think history will be kind to me.

I'm sure you tried, George.

Janet, the president's personal secretary, enters the oval office with a pleasant smile, bringing a silver platter with a silver pot of sassafras tea and large deli cookies and places it on a table near the two men. The president thanks her as she turns to leave. President Bush rises and begins serving the president-elect.

Barack, I don't care what those talkin' heads say about me, but being president is OJT, on-the-job training. I'll never forget when I first heard about the attacks on the World Trade Center. I was reading to some kids and my aide interrupted me and whispered in my ear what turned out to be the bane of my existence. I'll tell ya, I was numb with shock. I didn't know what to do! I felt like sayin', 'hey, somebody turn on CNN and let’s hear what the president has to say!". But, I am the president. What do I do next? It was times like that that causes a man to go deep within to find the answer. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so I prayed on it. I asked God for direction and I did what I thought was best for America. I wanted to look presidential, to give the American people the confidence that I was in control!

Yes, Mr. President, that was a difficult time for everyone.

Barack, don’t let America’s existence in Iraq be for naught.

Mr. President, I understand the importance of our presence, there. But, I am also mindful of the human cost these wars have been and the toll it has taken on this country’s credibility. With all due respect, sir, I think we lost our direction after 9/11. I believe we should have been focused on where the terrorists reside. By doing so, we could have maintained the support of the American people and our allies throughout the world. Mr. President, I was not privy to the information that you and your advisers had at hand at the time you committed our troops to that part of the world, but today, the American people have given me a mandate to bring an end to the war in Iraq, a responsible end with dignity. My team looks forward to working with your administration to make that possible. Just as important is our concerned about the economy. I have selected a well respected person to be my secretary of treasury and I’ll be announcing my selection in short order. As you were so gracious in meeting with me, I’m looking forward to you doing what is needed to settle the markets and to appease the members of the upcoming G-20 meeting.

My goodness that sounded very presidential. Barack you can count on me and my staff to do all we can for you.

Mr. President, I know it is customary for the out-going president to take certain executive actions at the eleventh hour. I just want to remind you that there is a lot at stake, here. I only ask that you be cognizant of that.

Mr. President-elect, you have my word on that!

Laura Bush and Michelle Obama enter the oval office. Both men rise to their feet and kiss their respective wives on the cheek.

Come on….Laura and I will walk you to the door.

2 comments:

crys said...

wow......very interesting. i'm just glad W didn't mention that damn puppy! :-)

microbrother said...

oh, the puppy isssue ain't over, yet. Thanks for coming by, Crys!