Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's good for the goose....


When pursuing anything government related, I’m always asked:

  • Have you ever been involved with the government before?
  • Have you ever been denied a government contract because of malfeasance?
  • Do you owe the government any taxes?

I’m still wondering just how many more lawmakers (on all levels) may not have paid their taxes, yet you and I are bludgeoned by the IRS whenever we fall short. This issue brings into question, just what is the vetting process like?

We all knew that President Obama’s administration would be under close scrutiny, more so than most. I’m in it for the long haul. The president said himself that there will be some screw-ups along the way. But, I won’t resign to accepting something as simple as asking these three basic questions of anyone, and I do mean anyone who is seeking to hold a significant office in any administration.

Mr. President, you set the bar high to a new world record, which begs the question: can you maintain it?

No comments: