Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The GOP Marionette Show



President Barack Obama, tonight, met his objective of making his intentions quite clear. And that was to inspire the American people to face the issues that are before us and to overcome them with unity. Well done, Mr. President!

However, I was more interested in what the Republican response would be. Earlier, I commented to a fellow blogger that the Republican Party (GOP) could not nurture legitimate leadership for this new epoch because of the perceived hate and greed that is, historically, at the base of the party.

It appears to me that the GOP positioned Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-La) during the campaign to help ameliorate the infectious affect that then Sen. Obama had on the imagination of the American electorate. I can not get my arms around the “sincerity” of the GOP in selecting the governor to speak after the president tonight no more than I can get my arms around their sincerity in appointing the ex-Lt. Governor of Maryland, Michael Steele, as the Republican National Committee Chairman. Based on Gov. Jindal's out-of-step-with-reality speech leads me to believe that the GOP just want to put a brown face on their last century politics because even Stevie Wonder can see that the federal government needs to be involved with getting this economy out of the crapper. So, why can’t the GOP?

Assigning Gov. Jindal and Chairman Michael Steele scripts written for Ronald Reagan in 1940 will surely fail at the box office in 2009.

No comments: