Wednesday, June 18, 2008

L.A. Lakers: MIA - Missing In Action




I don’t know about you, but I really got bored in the second half. The Boston Celtics just ran roughshod over that “pick-up” team that showed-up at The Garden, last night. I just sat their wondering when the Lakers were going to show.

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett did exactly what they were signed-up to do: showed their stuff! If point guard, Rajon Rondo, stole in the street like he stole the ball from those other guys in last night’s game, he’d be serving time now. That young brother has a great future. As a matter of fact, the whole Celtics squad was outstanding!

I’d like to give Doc Rivers his props on his first win as a NBA head coach. I know Coach Auerbach is beaming with pride. At the end, did you see the legendary Bill Russell embrace Kevin Garnett? It reminded me when Charlie Sifford embraced Tiger Woods after Tiger won the Masters….the passing of the torch!

Since the Lakers had the audacity to not show-up last night, the real show was the GMC truck commercials with that wild brother, Keegan-Michael Key. Thanks, Keegan. You saved the evening.

No comments: